Monday, February 22, 2010

The "Raspberry Martini"

The Cove is a restaurant and bar located in Deerfield Beach. Since I live in Davie it was a little bit of a drive for me, but it was well worth it. The Cove is a nice, casual place where all different age groups are welcome. If you come after work for a drink with a group of coworkers or you come with friends to celebrate a birthday, The Cove is a nice place to spend happy hour. The Cove is located right on the water and the weather seems to always be nice there. The ambiance is calm and relaxed, and it is just a great place to come with friends or to meet new people.

While I was there, I tried their to-die-for Raspberry Martini. Normally I would not try anything Raspberry, not even on desserts. I never eat Raspberry anything, but when my cousin ordered this martini i decided to try it. While it may not be my favorite, all the members in our group loved it. They thought it was one of those unique drinks that you don't know if you are going to like, but then you enjoy them and end up getting a few for yourself.

The "Raspberry Martini" is made with
two ounces of raspberry vodka
half an ounce of DeKuyper Razzmatazz liqueur
one ounce of Sprite.
Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Shake well and serve.

The Raspberry Martini can be made at home also. I followed these exact directions and the martini tasted just like it did in The Cove. I would recommend going to The Cove to try the Raspberry Martini just because you will be surround by good people and a really fun environment. If you like raspberries, even a little bit, then this will become your favorite martini.

For more information visit their website at: http://www.thecoverestaurant.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment