Saturday, January 30, 2010

The "Birthday" Shot

As most people that know me are aware, I absolutely love my birthday. So for my 22nd birthday this year I decided to try different types of shots. All of my friends joined me at the Whiskey Blue Lounge in the W hotel on Fort Lauderdale beach. I highly recommend everyone coming to Whiskey Blue if they are up for trying new and exciting drinks. This very fun and handsome bartender named Bill told me that he wanted to make me a "special" birthday shot. At first i was apprehensive, but then I thought "Why not? It's my birthday!" After I took the shot I asked Bill what it was and he said it was a Lemon Drop Fusion Shot.


I had only ever heard of a Lemon Drop Fusion Martini, but he informed me that he made it into a shot, just for me :) A single Lemon Drop Fusion Shot is made up of:

2 oz lemon vodka

1 oz triple sec

1/2 oz Cocktail Infusions Cranberry Twist

3 splashes lemon juice

2 1/2 oz lemonade with pulp

1 oz orange juice with pulp.

Finally you shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.

This had to be hands down one of the best shots I have ever tasted. I thought the best thing about Whiskey Blue was the lounge, but I was very wrong. This "special" birthday shot that Bill made me for my birthday is the thing that keeps me coming back to Whiskey Blue. The girls and I actually went out to Whiskey Blue on Saturday for my friend Ashley's birthday and we had a round of shots. Of course I convinced everyone to try the Lemon Drop Fusion Shot and all of my girlfriends fell in love with it. This shot has become the new thing for us to drink everytime we go out. Between the ambiance of the lounge and the tasty shot, this would definitely be considered to be one of the best birthdays I have ever had.

This is what the ambiance of Whiskey Blue looks like. Come out and try one of the most amazing shots you have ever had in your life, the Lemon Drop Fusion Shot, and have a wonderful time in a relaxing, fun environment.


To learn more about the Whiskey Blue or to get directions to the Whiskey Blue to taste this wonderful shot, go to http://www.gerberbars.com/#/ft-lauderdale/whiskey-blue/.

1 comment:

  1. Christina,
    I really enjoy reading your blogs and keeping up with all the new and exciting drinks that are out there.
    I especially like the photos and the links to the clubs and bars that you visit, most of them look really good and make me want to visit them. I love the fact that you also include the recipes to the drinks, that way if I want to make them myself, I could get the different ingredients and make the drink myself.
    Please keep it up, as I will be following it regularly.
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete