Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Bahama Mama

The Bahama Mama cocktail was a drink that I heard of but had never tried. I was at Exit 66 down by Fort Lauderdale beach and my girlfriend had one and I decided to try a taste. This cocktail is definitely a good drink. While the presentation of this drink seems appropriate for people of all ages, it definitely is not. This speciality cocktail is the perfect fruity drink for adults. After all, this happens to be my mother's drink of choice so I think the fact that it is the perfect drink for adults is a great way to describe this cocktail.

The Bahama Mama is made of:

half an ounce rum

half an ounce coconut-flavored rum

half an ounce grenadine syrup

one ounce orange juice

one ounce pineapple juice

one cup crushed ice

Strain into glass.

Having a tropical drink like The Bahama Mama at Exit 66 on the beach was the perfect thing to do on a Saturday morning. Exit 66 is basically a huge pool party on the beach where they offer all kinds of speciality cocktails. This cocktail made me feel like I was on a Caribbean island that is how good this cocktail is. The slices of fruit that are included in this drink really compliment the tropical, fruity taste of the Bahama Mama. If you are a fan of rum then you will definitely love this drink. I am a fan of rum, but I definitely love coconut rum and I believe that most people would enjoy all aspects of this drink. Go out and get yourself a certified adult Bahama Mama.

For more information, visit their website: http://www.exitsixtysix.com/about

No comments:

Post a Comment