Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Zombie

The Zombie cocktail is probably the most interesting cocktail I have ever had. This is one very strange, very strong drink. Drinking one Zombie is equivalent to drinking three regular alcoholic beverages. I am not sure how popular these drinks are in bars, but my cousin is in bartending school and she wanted to try different recipes and I agreed to be her guinea pig. I felt very weird after this drink. I was not sick or anything like that, but I definitely felt like I had partied the night away. This drink is for the experienced drinkers who like to feel very loose and like to feel like they had a really fun night of partying.

A Zombie Cocktail is made with:

one ounce light rum

half an ounce crème de noyaux

half an ounce triple sec

sweet & sour, OJ

half an ounce 151

Build drink on ice


The Zombie Cocktail is most likely served in a tall and skinny glass, or in a short and fat glass. I thought maybe I was just a lightweight and I wanted to get a second opinion, so I asked my best friend to try this drink and she felt the same way. She said after one of these she felt tipsy. When trying this drink make sure you are prepared to get intoxicated quicker than you normally would. While this drink may be stronger than others, it is also a better quality drink than others. You can tell from the first sip that the alcohol used in this cocktail is good quality alcohol. Be sure to try this drink at least once in your lifetime because it is an experience everyone is going to want to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment